You may be eligible to open an HSA if:
- You are not covered by any other non-high deductible health plan, such as a spouse’s plan. Exceptions include dental and vision coverage.
- You are not enrolled in Medicare.
- You do not receive health benefits under TRICARE.
- You have not received Veterans Administration (VA) benefits within the past three months.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
- You are not covered by a general purpose health care flexible spending account (FSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA).
Other restrictions and exceptions also apply. We recommend that you consult a tax, legal, or financial advisor to discuss your personal circumstances.
When you enroll in either the Choice or Value HSA medical option, you are required to set up your HSA Bank Account with Accrue Health. See the next section and refer to the AccrueHealth HSA Website Guide.
- You will receive a single HSA debit card in the mail. It is sent in a plain, white envelope with a return address of:
PO Box 7248
Sioux Falls, SD 57117
- To order additional debit cards for your enrolled dependents, call Accrue Health member services at 1-844-643-3099. Please allow 10-14 business days for new cards to arrive.
- Whenever there is activity on your account (e.g., a debit card is issued or replaced, you have claims activity, you are required to submit documentation for a claim, an account statement is available, etc.), you will receive a generic email designed to protect your privacy.
- In addition to the money you contribute, you can also earn additional money each year from Bloomin’ Brands if you or your enrolled spouse complete Health Rewards activities before December 1. Remember, the maximum amount you can contribute to your HSA is the annual limit set by the IRS, plus any catch-up contributions if you are eligible, MINUS the maximum Health Rewards you are eligible to earn.
First, open your HSA with AccrueHealth
With AccrueHealth, you get an online banking experience specially designed for HSAs. Plus you can earn Health Rewards from Bloomin’ Brands deposited to your AccrueHealth HSA.
Opening your HSA is simple and quick. First, you have to be enrolled in a Bloomin’ Brands Health Savings Account (HSA) medical plan option. Then start gathering the other information you need to open your account. AccrueHealth will ask you for:
- Your Social Security number
- A valid email address
- Primary identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or government-issued ID
- Your personal banking information, if you wish to make an electronic contribution after you complete your application
BCBSFL Customer Service
Navigate the healthcare system and your medical coverage