You may be eligible to open an HSA if:
- You are not covered by any other non-high deductible health plan, such as a spouse’s plan. Exceptions include dental and vision coverage.
- You are not enrolled in Medicare.
- You do not receive health benefits under TRICARE.
- You have not received Veterans Administration (VA) benefits within the past three months.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
- You are not covered by a general purpose health care flexible spending account (FSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA).
Other restrictions and exceptions also apply. We recommend that you consult a tax, legal, or financial advisor to discuss your personal circumstances.
First, open your HSA with Optum Bank
Open your HSA with Optum Bank, Member FDIC. With Optum Bank, you get an online banking experience specially designed for HSAs. Plus you can earn Health Rewards from Bloomin’ Brands deposited to your Optum HSA.
Opening your HSA is simple and quick. First, you have to be enrolled in the Bloomin’ Brands My Health Savings (HSA) Plan. Then start gathering the other information you need to open your account. Optum Bank will ask you for:
- Your Social Security number
- A valid email address
- Your UnitedHealthcare group number: 742848
- Primary identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or government-issued ID
- Your personal banking information, if you wish to make an electronic contribution after you complete your application
When applying for your account, be sure to include Group Number 742848. You can also apply using this Spanish application.
Learn more about the My Health Savings (HSA) Plan.
Then, learn the details
See the HSA FAQs for frequently asked questions about the HSA Plan.
Learn about Optum’s 5 stages of health savings and spending.
Click on the following links to learn more about these HSA topics:
Giving you and your family the level of care and support you need to navigate the health care system.