Maternity Support Program
Bloomin’ Brands employees and dependents enrolled in a UnitedHealthcare medical plan are eligible to participate in the Maternity Support Program. This program is available to females only.
The Maternity Support Program helps you achieve a healthy, full-term birth. UnitedHealthcare provides 24-hour access to experienced OB nurses, access to UHC’s online Healthy Pregnancy Owner’s Manual, and other educational materials.
Earn a $100 Health Reward for enrolling in the Maternity Support Program during you or your spouse’s first trimester. Learn more about Health Rewards.
The following are delivered by an experienced OB nurse:
- Preconception health counseling
- Pregnancy risk screenings
- Educational resources, including telephone-based consultation on nutrition and fitness, healthy lifestyle choices, and financial and emotional considerations
- Development of a Care Plan, in partnership with your physician, for high-risk pregnancies
- Pre-delivery consultation
- Post-delivery and early-life parenting support
Why it’s important
In the United States, 1 in 10 babies are born prematurely. Premature births can lead to long-term intellectual and developmental disabilities for babies. The medical costs in the first year of life for a preterm baby are almost $50,000 more than for a healthy baby. Source: www.marchofdimes.org