Legal & Plan Documents <--Salaried-->
Summaries of Benefits and Coverage
The health benefits available to you represent a significant component of your compensation package. They also provide important protection for you and your family in the case of illness or injury. Benefits-eligible Team Members are offered a choice of medical coverage options. Choosing which option is right for you is an important decision. To help you make an informed choice, the Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) summarize important information in a standard format. This helps you compare across options.
- 2022 Choice HRA Plan
- 2022 Value HRA Plan
- 2022 Choice HSA Plan
- 2022 Value HSA Plan
- 2021 Choice HRA Plan
- 2021 My Health Savings (HSA) Plan
- 2020 Choice HRA Plan
- 2020 My Health Savings (HSA) Plan
Prior to 2022, the following SBCs only apply when you have been identified as living outside of a UnitedHealthcare network area (or the network is not of sufficient size to provide adequate access). This applies to a small group of Team Members.
- 2021 Choice HRA Out of Area Plan
- 2021 My Health Savings (HSA) Plan Out of Area Plan
- 2020 Choice HRA Out of Area Plan
- 2020 My Health Savings (HSA) Plan Out of Area Plan
You can also request a paper copy, or request the SBCs in another language, free of charge, by calling Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida at 1-833-578-1132 (a toll-free number). You can also request a paper copy, or request SBCs prior to 2022 in another language, free of charge, by calling 1-800-985-3290 (a toll-free number).
On March 13, 2020, the President declared the outbreak of COVID-19 in the United States constituted a national emergency beginning March 1, 2020. The following document outlines temporary changes made to the Choice HRA and My Health Savings Plans.
Summary Plan Descriptions
The Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) contain important information about each plan’s coverage, limitations, and exclusions. Bloomin’ Brands encourages you to become familiar with the SPDs. You can also request a paper copy of all plan documents, free of charge, by calling the BBI Resource Center at 1-800-555-5808 (Option 3). Summaries of Material Modifications (SMMs) represent updates to the SPDs.
Employee Benefit Plan:
- Bloomin’ Brands Wrap SPD
- 2018 Summary of Material Modifications
- Wellness Center Summary of Material Modifications
The following Summary Plan Descriptions only apply when you have been identified as living outside of a UnitedHealthcare network area (or the network is not of sufficient size to provide adequate access). This applies to a small group of Team Members.
Dental and Vision:
- 2021 Cigna Dental DHMO Patient Charge Schedule
- 2021 Cigna Dental DPPO In-Network Area Plan Certificate
- 2021 Cigna Dental DPPO Out-of-Area Plan Certificate
- 2021 Cigna Dental DHMO Plan Certificate
- 2020 Cigna Dental DPPO Plan
- 2020 Cigna Dental DPPO Out-of-Area Plan
- 2019 VSP Vision Certificate of Coverage
- Life Insurance Certificate of Coverage (VP and above)
- Life Insurance Certificate of Coverage (all other Salaried, Flex Managers, GEDMs, Sous Chefs, MITs, PDDs)
- Life Insurance ERISA Amendment
- AD&D Certificate of Coverage (VP and above)
- AD&D Certificate of Coverage (all other Salaried, Flex Managers, GEDMs, Sous Chefs, MITs, PDDs)
- Business Travel Accident
- Salaried Short-Term Disability Coverage Certificate
- Executive (VP and above) Long-Term Disability Coverage Certificate
- Salaried Long-Term Disability Coverage Certificate
- Updated Disability Claim Procedures – Effective April 1, 2018
- Short-Term Disability ERISA Amendment
- Long-Term Disability ERISA Amendment
New York Paid Family Leave:
Financial and Legal:
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
If you or your children are eligible for Medicaid or CHIP and you are eligible for health coverage from Bloomin’ Brands, your state may have a premium assistance program that can help you pay for coverage.
Special Enrollment Rights Notice
Special Enrollment allows you to enroll in the Bloomin’ Brands plan outside of the plan’s regular enrollment dates. Special Enrollments occur when you lose other group health coverage or experience a qualified life event, such as a marriage, birth, adoption, or placement for adoption.
Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998
If you are enrolled in a medical plan, certain benefits are available for breast reconstruction in connection with a mastectomy.
Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Notice
If you are enrolled in medical coverage, this notice contains important information about hospital coverage following newborn delivery.
Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Notice
If you (and/or your dependents) have Medicare or will become eligible for Medicare in the next 12 months, a federal law gives you more choices about your prescription drug coverage.
COBRA Rights Notice
This notice explains COBRA continuation coverage, when it may become available to you and your family, and what you need to do to protect your right to get it.
HIPAA Privacy Notice
The HIPAA Privacy Notice describes the plan’s practices for using and disclosing protected health information (PHI).
Summary Annual Reports
The Summary Annual report (SAR) is a narrative summary of the plan’s financial status and summarizes the information on the plan’s annual report.