qualifying reason for leave
Qualifying reasons for leave:
- Birth and care of your newborn child, or placement for adoption or foster care of a child with you;
- Care of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent, including an individual who stood in loco parentis to you) who has a serious health condition;
- Care of your own serious health condition;
- A qualifying urgent situation related to your spouse, son, daughter, or parent’s foreign deployment; or
- To provide care for an injured or seriously ill service member or veteran (up to 26 weeks of leave is available for this purpose).
It also requires that your group health benefits be maintained during the leave (as long as premiums are being paid). While you are out on approved FMLA, you will be credited for your leave during the next benefits eligibility review.