HSA Plan highlights
- You can see any doctor (including specialists) or use any hospital in the UHC national network. You don’t need referrals and you don’t need to choose a primary care physician.
- If you choose to receive care outside of the UHC network, you are covered but your costs will be higher.
- Preventive care is covered 100% in the UHC network.
- You have prescription coverage, including 100% coverage for certain preventive medications.
Open and use a personal Optum Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Allows you to set aside money pre-tax to pay for qualified expenses.
- Get an additional deposit in your HSA from Bloomin’ Brands if you complete Health Rewards by December 31.
- Earns tax-free interest over time.
- Allows you to make tax-free withdrawals to pay for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- Can be used as a retirement savings tool.
- Invest part of your HSA in mutual funds to save for the future.
How the My Health Savings (HSA) Plan works
First, open an HSA.
Open your Optum HSA to receive money from Bloomin’ Brands. You’ll receive money by completion of Health Actions through the Health Rewards Program.
In addition to money from Bloomin’ Brands, you can elect to deposit your own money into your HSA from each paycheck before your pay is taxed.
Learn more about your HSA.
Next, you pay out of pocket.
The My Health Savings (HSA) Plan has a deductible, which is the amount you must pay before the plan begins paying for non-preventive services.
When you have deductible expenses, including prescription drugs, you will pay out of your pocket. You can choose to use your HSA or you can choose to pay another way (i.e., cash, credit card) and let your HSA grow. It’s your choice.
With the HSA Plan, you must meet the family deductible before the plan will pay benefits for you or your dependents.
Finally, the plan begins to pay.
After you pay your deductible, the plan will pay a big percentage. This is called coinsurance. For example, if the plan pays 80% of the cost, you will pay the remaining 20%.
Once your deductible and coinsurance payments add up to the plan’s out-of-pocket maximum, the plan will pay 100% of all eligible health care expenses for the rest of the calendar year.
Giving you and your family the level of care and support you need to navigate the health care system