You may be eligible to open an HSA if:
- You are not covered by any other non-high deductible health plan, such as a spouse’s plan. Exceptions include dental and vision coverage.
- You are not enrolled in Medicare.
- You do not receive health benefits under TRICARE.
- You have not received Veterans Administration (VA) benefits within the past three months.
- You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
- You are not covered by a general purpose health care flexible spending account (FSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA).
Other restrictions and exceptions also apply. We recommend that you consult a tax, legal, or financial advisor to discuss your personal circumstances.